Saturday, November 7, 2009

Today we went to see Wat Pho, one of (if not THE) largest reclining Buddhas in the world. It was huuuge! I have a lot of pictures of it--I'll most likely upload them this coming week.

We also saw Wat Arun, one of the coolest looking old temples I've ever seen. The entire thing was made of mosaic tiles, small ones, so it was glistening in the sun and extremely colorful. Unfortunately my camera was dead at that part of the trip, though...

'Wat' means 'temple', in case you were curious.

My friends and I are planning a trip to Cambodia. All of our passports expire December 3rd, but we don't leave Thailand until December 13th. In order to get our passports stamped again, for another 30 days, we need to leave the country.

We plan on going to Siem Reap, Cambodia where Angkor Wat is. If you've never heard of it, then you should read about it. It's this crazy old temple (hundreds of years!) that's all overgrown with trees and monkeys and stuff. It's one of top ten most traveled locations, I believe. One of those things you can't miss. The city of Siem Reap also has a lot to offer, or so I've read. Tons of hostels for travelers, historical French neighborhood, etc... I'm really excited!

Okay, we're leaving for dinner soon so I'm gonna go. The restaurant has Thai dancers! It should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment