Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mom, Molly, and Dan have been in Thailand for a week now. We were in Bangkok for a couple days when they first got here, just walking around the streets, checking out the vendors.

Then we went to Ayutthaya for 2 days and passed through my neighborhood, Pathum Thani, on the way there. With the exception of our driver who really creeped us out and kept taking photos of Molly with camera phone, it was awesome to go back to Ayutthaya. I went earlier this semester with my program, but knew that Mom would want to see all of the ruins. They really are beautiful and originate from the 14th century!

After Ayutthaya, we flew up to Chiang Mai which is where we are right now. The most exciting part of the trip for Mom, Dan, and Molly was visiting the elephant camp where they got to ride elephants, travel in an ox-pulled cart, raft on a bamboo raft, visit an indigenous tribe called the 'Long Necks', and afterward, they went to the tiger camp and played with tigers! Unfortunately, I had food poisoning that day and I was in bed for hours, so I had to miss out...

Chiang Mai has a lot of night markets and cheap vendors, so we also bought a lot of stuff for ourselves and for friends and family back home.

I would write more but I just lost interest, haha sorry! I'll write more once I'm back in Pathum Thani (since I will have to study for midterms but will need a break!).

No comments:

Post a Comment